Sunday, May 24, 2009

less than a week and counting


I am officially not sleeping and determining just how many knots an intestine can create. I am so excited for my little baby project #140smiles to launch. The response has been fantastic, people are clamoring for more information on the campaign. We've also hit our 100 person mark for the launch party and half of the TWTRcon attendees still have not reserved theirs (only 75 left!)!

This is such a collaborative effort, I am in awe of the work Common Knowledge, Modern Media and Adventure Girl have done to make the campaign and launch super fantastic. I hope it meets the standards of those who have already raised their hands in support of the campaign. (holy mackrel-@pistachio, @missrogue, @jason_pollock, @shelisrael the list goes on). We are hoping everyone visits the site on 5/30 (day of the launch) and starts a twitter team to mobilize their followers for micro-donations to reach our goal of changing 140 children's lives.

There has been an amazing outpouring of hearts on Twitter helping people like the incredible story of Eric De La Cruz . Twitter is oddly enough somewhat of this utopian community where people truly respect and dare i say love one another. @iconic88 is clouding my Twitterstream with messages of random acts of kindness. I am learning about the teachings of Kabbalah from @yehudaberg.

I am hoping this notion of doing good and helping the world will continue on May 30th when we ask the Twitterverse to join us in helping to bring smiles to children around the world.

How often do you take your ability to smile for granted? whatch this video and I bet you won't anymore! AND, I hope you'll join us on May 30th for #140smiles!

No comments: